Web Application Framework is a software framework. It simplifies the Web application development process. It is specifically designed to support the development of web applications including web services, web resources, and web APIs. These frameworks allow you to build and deploy web applications on the World Wide Web.
By using web frameworks, common activities in web development can be automated. Typically, web frameworks offer libraries for database access, templating frameworks, and session management, and they often encourage code reuse. These web frameworks can be used to create static as well as dynamic websites.
Web frameworks help us build applications that have structure and which can be enhanced easily without requiring a lot of effort. Frameworks provide a common structure so developers do not have to recreate everything from scratch, and they can reuse the existing code. There is a wide variety of available web application frameworks. How to choose the right framework that is suitable for you can be a tricky task! This article can guide you in that case.
Below is the list of some of the best suitable platforms for your Web Applications:
Best Web Application Frameworks
Top Front-end Frameworks
- Latest Version: Angular 7.1.5
- Framework Link: https://angular.io/
- Github Link: https://github.com/angular/angular
Popular websites using AngularJS are The Guardian, PayPal, jetBlue, Lego, I-stock Photo, Upwork, Netflix, Freelancer.
- Latest Version: React 17.0.2
- Framework Link: https://reactjs.org/
- Github Link: https://github.com/facebook/react
Popular websites using React frameworks are Facebook, Netflix, Salesforce, Instacart, Dropbox, Flipboard etc…
- Language: Typescript
- Latest Version: Vue.js 3.2.20
- Framework Link: https://vuejs.org/
- Github Link: http://github.com/vuejs/vue-next
Popular websites using Vue.js are behance, gitlab, chess, nintendo, wizair etc.
- Latest Version: Ember 3.28.0
- Framework Link: https://emberjs.com/
- Github Link: https://github.com/emberjs/ember.js
Popular websites using Square, Bustle, TED, Netflix, Heroku, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Skylight.
Svelte is the latest front-end framework. The framework is different from alternatives like React and Vue because it puts the work into a compile step instead of on the browser. The code updates the document object model in synchronization with the application state. The framework is best suited for small app projects and small teams. It is not recommended to use it for complex projects since it does not have a bigger support community.
- Language: Typescript
- Latest Version: Svelte 3.44.1
- Framework Link: https://svelte.dev/
- Github Link: https://github.com/sveltejs/svelte
Popular websites using the Svelte platform are chess.com,spotify.com,semrush.com etc..
Top Back-end Frameworks
Ruby on Rails
The Ruby on Rails framework is a highly productive web application framework created by David Heinemeier Hansson in Ruby. Ruby combines Smalltalk’s conceptual elegance with Python’s ease of use and learning, and Perl’s pragmatism.
- Language: Ruby
- Latest Version: Rails 5.0.0.beta2
- Framework Link: http://rubyonrails.org
- Github Link: https://github.com/rails/rails
Popular websites using Ruby on Rails are GroupOn, UrbanDictionary, AirBnb, Shopify, Github etc.
Django is a Python-based free and open-source framework for building web applications that follows the model-template-views architectural pattern. The project is maintained by the Django Software Foundation, a non-profit organization established in the US.
- Language: Python
- Latest Version: Django 1.9.2
- Framework Link: https://www.djangoproject.com
- Github Link: https://github.com/django/django
Popular websites using Disqus, Instagram, Knight Foundation, MacArthur Foundation, Mozilla,National Geographic,Open Knowledge Foundation,Pinterest.
Microsoft’s .NET Framework is a software framework that runs primarily on Microsoft Windows. The Framework Class Library is a large library of classes that facilitates interoperability across several programming languages. This framework is designed for web development to produce dynamic web pages.
- Language: C#
- Latest Version: ASP.NET 5 (ASP.NET Core 1.0)
- Framework Link: http://www.asp.net/
Popular websites using ASP.NET are StackOverflow, Microsoft, GoDaddy, DELL, Studio, Wild Tangent, Ancestry.com, Diply.com.
Laravel is a powerful PHP MVC framework, designed for developers who want a simple and elegant way to create full-featured web applications. It was created by Taylor Otwell. Model-view-controller (MVC) applications are developed with Laravel using the Symfony framework and its model-view-controller architecture. There are several features of Laravel, such as modular packaging with a dedicated dependency manager, different ways of accessing relational databases, utilities that help in application deployment, and its orientation toward syntactic sugar.
- Language: PHP
- Latest Version: Laravel 5.2
- Framework Link: https://laravel.com/
- Github Link: https://github.com/laravel/laravel
Popular websites using Laravel are Deltanet Travel, Laracasts.com, Barchart.com,
Alison.com , Neighbourhood Lender etc.
Express.js, or simply Express, is a back-end web application framework for Node.js, released as free and open-source software under the MIT License. It is designed for building web applications and APIs. It has been called the de facto standard server framework for Node.js.
- Framework Link: http://expressjs.com/
- Github Link: https://github.com/strongloop/express
Popular Websites using Express are Storify, Myspace, LearnBoost, etc.
- Latest Version: Meteor 1.2.1
- Framework Link: https://www.meteor.com/
- Github Link: https://github.com/meteor/meteor
Popular Websites using Meteor frameworks are Frost & Sullivan, Inc., HaggleMate, LLC,speedwaymotorsports.com, WishPool, Telescope, etc.
Frameworks like Spring are lightweight. The Spring Framework is an application framework and inversion-of-control container for Java. The framework features support for many frameworks, including Struts, Hibernate, Tapestry, EJB, JSF, etc. Generally, frameworks can be defined as structures for finding solutions to different technical problems. It consists of various modules, including IOC, AOP, DAO, Context, ORM, and Web MVC.
- Language: Java
- Latest Version: Spring 4.3.0
- Framework Link: http://projects.spring.io/spring-framework/
- Github Link: https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework
Popular websites using the spring framework are Udemy, CRED,Hepsiburada,DELEKOREA,TRIVAGO,Mascus, Allocine etc etc..
CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for developers who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. CodeIgniter was created by EllisLab, and is now a project of the British Columbia Institute of Technology.
- Language: PHP
- Latest Version: CodeIgnitor 3.0.4
- Framework Link: https://codeigniter.com/
- Github Link: https://github.com/EllisLab/CodeIgniter
Popular websites using Codeigniter are Casio Computer Co., Ltd. , Feedcump, Buffer, Nissan etc, etc…..
Now you know what are the top front-end and back-end web application development frameworks. Don’t worry if you don’t know which framework is right for your project! We can help you select the right framework for your web application. Additionally, Zelite Solutions offers cost-effective software development services. Ready to start your web application development journey? Let’s Connect.