The spread of Covid-19 and mandatory social distancing has forced all organizations to change their interaction methods. Board/ Client meetings have been replaced by video and audio conferencing or communication.
According to Sandvine (A Network Analytics company), YouTube, Netflix and Facebook alone account for almost 25% of the world’s downstream Internet speed. For video streaming as a whole, the figure stands at nearly 61%
A recent headline by forbes read: COVID-19 Pushes Up Internet Use by 70% And Streaming more than 12%. As millions of people go online for entertainment and more, total internet hits have surged by between 50% and 70%, according to preliminary statistics
Global video streaming market is expected to increase to a notable CAGR of 19.10% during the forecast period. Moreover, the global video streaming market is expected to grow with high pace during the forecasting period due to the awareness about business productivity and increasing usage of digital media among organizations and individuals.
7 Best Practices for Video Conferencing Security
- Disable browser cookies before and after a call
- Password protect your meetings
- Use a waiting room for your meetings
- Don’t share private information on non-private tools
- Keep in mind what the host can access
- Research your conferencing tools
- Read privacy policies of websites and apps.