- Experience-3+ years
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional with strong core technical skills to join and add value to a dedicated and friendly team.
- Responsible for actively driving and managing the pre-sales process with direct and channel customers the Pre Sales Consultant must be able to articulate the Microsoft technologies and product portfolio, positioning to both business and technical users.
- Primarily engaged in a presales technical consultancy role, the consultant will own and provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process by identifying customers’ technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution and consulting with technical teams. Accompany salespeople on visits to prospects and clients.
- Deliver presentations and product demonstrations that require more in-depth or credible knowledge.
- Liaise with Product Managers to provide feedback from clients about product requirements; or ideas to help them innovate or stay ahead of where the market is going.
- Carry out research to stay ahead of their particular area of expertise including understanding the current & future market, product and competitor landscape.
- Manage the sales bid process, responding to RFI’s & RFP’s when a client or prospect puts an opportunity ‘out to tender’.
- Respond to technical questions about the product or related infrastructure capabilities, and own the end-to-end proposal activities.
- Subject matter expertise in a required field (ideally gained working within the market they are now ‘selling’ to). Handled BFSI, Pharma, Logistics, renewables / Oil and Gas / Ports/retail / E-comm industry.
- Ability to read the trend and then match it with the IPs/products available internally and stitch a unique selling proposition.
- Strong client-facing skills, e.g. meeting & presenting to clients (ideally with experience dealing with similar types/levels of contact).
- Strong commercial skills including an understanding of the sales process (ideally gained within a similar, commercial environment).
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal.
- Strong problem-solving skills including an ability to think ‘on their feet’ when faced with challenging questions in the sales environment.
- Experience managing the end-to-end bid or proposal process including responding to RFI’s/RFP.