Custom Built Valve Schedule Management System (VSM) integrated with Oracle ERP helps our client automate its dispatching process.
About Client (Kirloskar Group)
Client is one of the core companies of Kirloskar group of Companies. Client is a leading provider of in compressed Air, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration and Hydraulic Power Transmission. The Company offers products and services to Enterprises in various market segments and SS7 Solutions to Mobile Network Operators.
Efforts and Duration
Live and under Support Contract
The design division of client had a requirement to develop a custom-built application to manage the valve schedules and piping materials based on its class. Client required a solution which could manage valves, flanges, Gasket, Blind Flanges, Spacer and Stud & Nuts Quantity based on the standard dimension and Piping Class. Once the quantity is derived this is sent to their Purchase Department for ‘Bill of Materials’ using Oracle ERP application suite.
Zelite provided end-to-end solution for custom built Valve Schedule Management System, to suffice the entire requirements as laid by the Client. Zelite developed an application having five modules, viz., Admin, PMS (Piping Materials Specification), Projects, Valve Schedule and Reports. Single sign on (SSO) methodology is used to sign in the application.
Valve Schedule Management includes certain functionality for creating dataset for each project (PMS), entering the inputs for line, equipment, Vessels Trim and Hook Ups. The input values are stored and formulated using standard formulas to generate output values. Furthermore, the application has a functionality to generate a summary report in specific format to display item number, item description and its quantity.
Using VSM client could derive the actual required quantity to be procured for manufacturing components such as Valves, Flanges, Hook ups, Gaskets, Stud nuts, etc., based on their piping class and specifications. This resulted in
- Accurate information in-terms of required component quantities and their specifications.
- Avoiding business losses which used to occur earlier for manufacturing additional component quantities and wrong specifications
- 100% accuracy for product specifications as per piping class.
- No-requirement of manual calculation or spreadsheet-based calculations
- Easy Project allocation to resources and project tracking
- Integration with Oracle ERP (business Suite), resulted in automation of dispatching the Component Quantity directly to Purchase Department.