Custom Document Management Solution
Zelite Solutions helps a manufacturing company by building a custom Document Management System to comply with regulations in the industry, as well as with internal policies, by providing audit tracking and reporting, user-access controls, and document retention policies.
Document Management Software is an increasingly critical part of any business in the digital era. Instead of rows of filing cabinets, the document management system creates an electronic archive that any permissioned user can access and edit.
KSB SE & Co. KGaA is a German multinational manufacturer of pumps, valves with headquarters in Frankenthal (Pfalz), Germany. The KSB Group has sales and marketing organizations, manufacturing facilities, and service operations on all continents.
Efforts and Duration
Time and Material
ASP.net with oracle database.
6 calendar months
Custom Document Management System Solution
Manufacturing businesses face a difficult task in collecting product data, customer input, and technical changes while still maintaining their company’s reputation for product quality and timely delivery. That’s why we’d like to show you how you can make this process more efficient by centralizing it using a Document Management System (DMS). The company needed a mechanism to efficiently manage massive volumes of project papers while streamlining its business procedures.
For the client, Zelite Solution created a custom DMS solution that provided a complete solution for document searching, storage, and retrieval. Zelite Solution provided the organization with a simple, intuitive solution with a well-known file structure. Using document management system Zelite solutions can help Quality control in many aspects, such as:
- Speedy approval- DMS monitors documents that need to be approved and notify the authority about it.
- Easier inspection- The inspection report can be easily filed using the system, because all documents are available in one location.
- Form accuracy- can display custom forms and immediately halt production upon incorrect input. Data is critical for quality control in the manufacturing sector, but correct data entry leads to error-free production.
Overall faster production- Document management systems streamline production processes with faster input of data. This makes every step in the process easier including communicating across teams.
Important Features of various modules are as follows:
It’s critical to find document control software that can digitally manage all documents that impact every area of your manufacturing process when investing in a Document Management Solution. Controlling versions and signatures is only a minor part of the overall picture. Documents required to get through the manufacturing process include, but are not limited to:
- Controlled Drawings (CD) Product Requirements Document (PRD) Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Travelers, Testing Plans/Procedures, QC Inspection Reports, and other pre-planned process papers
- Paperless management system.
- Facilitate compliance of various internal standards and customer specific requirements.
- Higher productivity and efficiency.
- Eliminate tedious and time consuming document control task.
- Free employees time for more value added job.
- Review and approval of documents through electronic form.
- Better control and easier to comply with both internal and external audit.
- Better follow up on customer complaints and avoid repetition of the same issue.
- The reports module consists of the overall reports related to the document status, version status, lifecycle reports and transmittal reports.
- The reports can be generated using filters.
Ensures visibility into changes made on each and every version of a document, and how the current version differs from the versions that came before.